Thursday, December 25, 2008

First Christmas in the United States

Before I start my post, let me say:

"Merry Christmas 2008 people"

Celebrating Christmas in the United States is totally different with what I used to do before in Indonesia. When I was in Indonesia, I used to go to the church on the Christmas' eve with friends and then for the rest of the night we just threw a party until morning came. In here people celebrate Christmas by having a Christmas dinner and exchange gifts. So, at 3.30pm, before having dinner with my manager and co-workers, my manager gave each of us the co-workers a Christmas gift. Honestly, by its outside looking, I expected the gift was like Xmas card or something cheap. But, soon as I took a look inside, OMFG, it is a wallet, a branded wallet - Guess!

Thanks anyway Joe!!

Then, as I said about Christmas dinner, we headed to Geary St to have a dinner at a Korean Restaurant. Actually, I was like "what", Korean food again? Ok, no problem, as long as I don't have to spend bucks for the food, I'd eat anything.

After finished the dinner, I went home as soon as I could because I promised my sister that I would accompany her to go to downtown. Since she is the only family member I have here, it's being my responsibility to take care and fulfill her needs. Well, not all I think, but at least as a younger brother, I've been doing what I gotta do. So, we went to Embarcadero, it was raining badly tho. Hard to take a really good photo. But, at least we snapped some epic ones.


Again, Merry Xmas 2008!!!

0 comments: